What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used for technical reasons to enable the efficient working of the website to:
- balance website traffic to ensure our customers receive a consistent and reliable service.
- limit traffic to key parts of the website in order to maintain performance levels.
Ease of use
Cookies are used to enhance the ease of use of our website for customers. For example, to:
- remember your language and country of choice and present relevant content.
- remember which web pages you have previously visited.
Cookies are used to gather statistics on how visitors use our site, to:
- gather feedback on customer satisfaction through our website survey.
- gain insight into how visitors use the website so that we can make improvements to its usability.
Login related cookies
Forms related cookies
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third party cookies
How do I disable cookies?
You can prevent sites from saving and reading cookie data on your device, but please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and other websites that you may visit. Disabling cookies may result in a loss of certain functionalities and features of our site, therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies. The steps to disable cookies vary per browser, and generally you can refer to your browser “Help” for how to do this, but below are some links that might help:
- For Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windowsinternet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&ref_topic=3421433
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-or-disable-cookies-firefox-android
- For Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1677? viewlocale = en_US
- For Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
Changes to this Statement
American University of Beirut reserves the right to change this Cookie Statement at any time and will notify users of any material changes by reflecting those changes on our website.